Whether you are a first time landlord or a well established property
investor, our experts can provide you with the right advice.
Become a landlord, or grow your portfolio
Our mortgage advice encompasses one of the largest ranges of available deals
Are you an established landlord or looking to become one? Buy to Let Mortgages (BTL) are aimed at
those who buy property to rent it out. For good reason, property has always been seen as a good option to have as a part of a balanced portfolio. Over the last 20 years or so, Buy to Let has grown
substantially. Although, it’s now more important than ever that your finances are in good order as the market undergoes some significant changes.
Arrange an Appointment
Do you want to maximise your rental income?
Custom Insurance & Mortgage Solutions has access to a wide range of lenders & BTL products. We have experienced advisers to ensure that you can finance your property portfolio, gain the rental income you require or grow your capital.
Who can apply for a BTL mortgage?
- Those seeking to invest in houses or flats
- Those that own an existing property, it may be challenging to obtain a BTL mortgage without owning an existing property.
- Those that have a good credit record and aren’t stretched too much with other borrowings.
- Those within a certain age range, many lenders typically have maximum age limits of 70 to 75 years at the date a mortgage starts.
Buy to Let mortgages are a lot like ordinary mortgages, but with some key differences:
- The fees tend to be much higher
- Interest rates on Buy to Let mortgages are usually higher
- The minimum deposit for a BTL mortgage is 25% of the property’s value
- Most BTL mortgages are interest-only. This means you don’t pay anything off the loan, but at the end of the mortgage term you can repay the capital in full
- The maximum you can borrow is linked to the amount of rental income you expect to receive